Making bacon is not a difficult task. And also it is inexpensive, and the result is even tastier than store-bought. Many people are like to prepare this food at home due to its taste and nutritional level. And also, this is a unique food. So children also like it.
Most of the time Bacon is served with sausages and eggs as a part of a full breakfast. The term bacon on its own generally considers to side bacon, which is the most famous type of bacon sold in the US. And also, back bacon is known as “Canadian-style bacon” or “Canadian bacon” and is normally sold pre-cooked and thick-sliced. American bacon includes various smoked with applewood, hickory or mesquite and flavourings such as chilli pepper, maple, honey, brown sugar or molasses. A side of unsliced bacon is also known as “slab bacon”.
- 2 to 3 pounds of pork belly
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of curing salt
Steps to Make Bacon
- Firstly collect the ingredients.
- Then rinse the pork belly under cold water and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Now take a small bowl, add the sugar, salt, pepper, and optional curing salt in another bowl.
- Then rub the seasoning mixture into all sides of the pork belly, using your scrupulously clean hands. So spend 3 minutes massaging the curing mixture into the meat.
- After that place, the pork belly, along with any leftover curing mixture, into a plastic bag and seal it as not access the air. Store it lengthwise in the refrigerator for 15 days, turning the bag over occasionally. The bacon should be fully cured at this point, with a firm texture and no soft spots.
- Now rinse the bacon and again pat it thoroughly dry.
- Then you can cook the cured bacon.
The below nutrition values are included in 35g of pork bacon.
Bacon has not high in calories but it provides high quantities of unhealthy saturated fat as well as nearly a 1/4 of the daily sodium that most adults require.
While others have turned to turkey bacon as a “healthy” alternative, the difference in nutritional value is not as significant as you might think. On the plus side, three slices of turkey bacon have about 100 calories and 35% fewer saturated fats than its pork cousin. As well as, it is also high in sodium and packs 40mg of cholesterol per serving, more than either streaky.
Bacon is delicious and loved by most people. There is also no denying that there are healthier sources of protein you can eat. As such, you can’t discuss the “health benefits” of bacon without including the potential downsides.
- Roughly 50 % of the fat in bacon comes “healthy” monounsaturated fat.
- Fat is essential to a diet and aids in the absorption of vitamin A, D, E, and K.
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease
Now you can try on bacon and enjoy with your family. Bacon gives you a wonderful taste experience.