Pancake is a short food which we can easily prepare at our home. The Ancient Greeks made pancakes. The earliest references to Tagenias are in the works of the 5th-century BC poets Magnes and Cratinus. The Middle English word Pancake appears in English in the 15th century.
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 c milk or buttermilk
- vegetable oil for brushing pan
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp of butter, melted
- 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder
How to make
- Firstly take a large bowl and put it whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Then add egg, coconut milk and butter. Now mix those well until flour is moistened.
- Now griddle over medium heat or heat 11-inch nonstick skillet until a drop of water sizzles.
- Now brush lightly with coconut oil.
- In batches, scoop batter by scant 1/4-cupfuls into the skillet, spreading to 3 1/2 inches each.
- Cook them until edges and bubbly are dry.
- Now turn it until them golden.
- Transfer to a platter or keep warm on a cookie sheet in 225°F oven.
Nutritional level of pancake
You can test this pancake with whole grains like whole-wheat flour, which will add heart-healthy filling fiber. You can also add extra-healthy toppings, like fruit to boost fiber and vitamins and protein-packed nuts to transform them into a nutritious breakfast that will support you stay full through the morning.
The following nutrition facts are provided for two pancakes (232g) with butter and syrup.
Pancake is very tasty and delicious tea-time food. And also this food is suitable as breakfast also. We can easily prepare this food in a short time period. So many busy housewives also try this food. Most of the time this food became very famous among the modern lifestyle.