You don’t want an expensive ice cream machine to make ice cream at your home. You can make ice cream at your home very easily. There are only two ingredients is included in the ice cream such as heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk. We can prepare the best ice cream with these two ingredients.
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Firstly place sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep it cold.
- Using a stand mixer fitted, whip the cold cream on high speed until it soft peaks form.
- Then turn off the machine and pour the cold condensed milk into the whipped cream.
- After that turn the speed up to high and whisk until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks form. Turn off the machine and stir in vanilla extract.
Top Tips for Making Homemade Ice Cream
- Using & Making Sweetened Condensed Milk
Condensed milk means cow’s milk with the water content evaporated off. The sweetener and softens of the ice cream and allowing for easier scooping are coming to the ice cream due to the thick and syrupy milk. To make ice cream as less sweet, you can add low-fat and fat-free condensed milk. When making homemade condensed milk, you can replace sugar with alternatives such as agave nectar, honey and maple syrup.
- Can I Replace Heavy Cream With Milk?
You have to use fresh dairy cream skimmed from full-fat cows milk. Heavy cream is required in this recipe and can’t be replaced with milk. In countries where there is no dairy industry, this may be not easy to find. Buffalo milk produces a good high-fat cream and will be perfect for this.
There are manufactured products, made with fats and milk powders, in places where there is no dairy industry. But always it is not the fresh cream required in homemade ice cream recipe.
How to Store Ice Cream at Home?
Most of the time vanilla keeps your ice cream from freezing too hard. Every time store ice cream in an airtight container for up to six weeks. Try these frozen dessert containers to store your ice cream flavours.
Pro Chef Secrets To Making Ice Cream at Home
- To make ice cream you have to use only high-fat whipping cream.
- Cream with 38% fat content or higher is more suitable. It is called as ‘heavy whipping cream’ and this is the most suitable thing to make ice cream.
- Whip the cold cream on high-speed about 3 minutes.
- The key ingredient is Cold condensed milk and there is no substitute. It makes the ice cream scoopable and softer. You can use fat-free or low sugar according to your idea.
- Whip the mix on high speed after you add the condensed milk. Take care not to over whip at this stage.
- Finally, add some vanilla to it.
However, ice cream is a very famous dessert all over the world. So the demand for it is very high. If you know to make ice cream at your home, it is very important. You can add a high value to any occasion at your family. And also ice cream is the main dressert among all the dressers in the market. So you can happy if you can make this amazing food at your home.